COVID-19 Appointment Protocols
Please follow the steps below to ensure the safety of all:
- Make certain that you have completed and returned the Wellness Screening & Treatment Consent for each child PRIOR TO their appointment.
- Stay in your vehicle or outside the building arriving 15 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment. Please text or call the office (914-925-1099) to let us know that you have arrived. We will check you in by the front desk, updating information, and answering any questions you may have. It is critical that you arrive on time.
- If your child is comfortable coming into the office alone please have them do so. Should you have more than one child, we will complete care for them and then text or call you to have your other child come in. The purpose of this protocol is to try to limit contact amongst families and establish social distancing. If you must accompany your children, bring a face covering (mask or cloth). All parents and patients that are able to wear a mask are required to, as is our staff.
- Upon entering the office, one of our staff members who will be wearing a mask and gloves will meet you and/or your child and take their temperature with a non-contact forehead thermometer. The CDC defines a fever at 100.0 degrees F or higher. Should your child have a fever the appointment will be rescheduled.
- All patients and parents will be asked to wash their hands with soap and water prior to entering the treatment areas. Our staff will then escort your child directly into the operatory. We will maintain social distancing by limiting the number of families in the reception area. Our scheduling will allow for greater time between patients in order to reduce waiting times.
- The reception area will be cleared of toys, magazines, other shared materials and gaming is suspended.
- All our staff will be wearing protective masks, eyewear, shields, and gloves.
- At the conclusion of the appointment, your child’s next appointment will be scheduled in the exam room. If you are waiting outside, we will call with the results of the visit and schedule the next appointment.
- We request that your credit card be kept on file for any charges to be made. Our goal is to limit time in the office, maintain social distancing, and avoid unnecessary contact.
- Upon completion of the visit, your child will be escorted by our staff out the door. Any discussion of the visit that cannot be completed in the office will be accomplished over the phone. This allows us the time to thoroughly sanitize the room.
- Please report any signs or symptoms of Covid-19 to us within 14 days following your visit to our office.
Do not hesitate to ask any questions regarding these changes. Our staff and doctors are here to keep you safe and informed.
Thank you and be well,
NY Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics
Click here to complete the Wellness Screening & Treatment Consent